Flu & COVID Vaccines Clinics – Fall 2023
INFLUENZA (FLU) AND/OR COVID VACCINES – FALL 2023
The Influenza Vaccine has been very helpful in the prevention of influenza for our patients. We have strongly encouraged all of our patients to get the vaccine each year, and the result has been fewer and/or milder cases of influenza.
The COVID Vaccines have been very helpful in the reducing of symptoms and prevention of COVID. We strongly encouraged all of our patients to consider getting the current COVID vaccine which is protective against the most recent strains.
Carroll Pediatric Center has both the Influenza and COVID vaccines available for all of our patients over 6 months of age. You can get these vaccines by calling and making an appointment at your convenience, or you can make an appointment for our special Flu and/or COVID Vaccine Clinic.
In order to vaccinate the greatest number of people safely and efficiently, we will have a Vaccine Clinic that will be held outside on our rear parking lot on Tuesday, October 10 from 5 pm to 7 pm. Appointments are required to attend – walk-ins will not be accepted. This clinic is open to our patients and their family members for the Flu vaccine and only our patients for the COVID vaccine. BOTH FLU & COVID VACCINES CAN BE ADMINISTERED AT THE SAME TIME OR AT SEPARATE TIMES.
Here is the process:
- Call the office at 410-795-7300 and make an appointmentfor the desired vaccine(s). Parents/guardians (nonpatients) who desire to receive a Flu vaccine themselves will be charged $35 for this service. This must be paid in advance over the phone via credit card. We will keep a list of all nonpatients who requested the vaccine for themselves and completed the payment process. Nonpatients must be in good health for us to provide them with the vaccine.
- If your child is receiving the COVID vaccine, be sure to give your child’s age as of 10/10/23 since there are different vaccines for 6 months to 4 years, 5 years to 11 years, and 12 years and older. Because the COVID vaccine has to be thawed out in advance and must be used within 12 hours of thawing out, it is imperative that you keep any scheduled appointment.
- Please bring a pen to sign the Vaccine Administration Record similar to the form you have signed in past years.
- Every person getting the vaccines should wear loose fitting clothingallowing access to injection site in upper arm or upper thigh without removal of clothing.
- When you come to our parking lot, you will drive up the right side of the building to the 1st orange cone. At that point, you will “check in” and will be directed to an area where you will wait IN YOUR CAR until there is availability at the administration area. At this point, you will be directed to a spot where you will get out of your car and proceed to one of the two doctors administering the vaccine.
- If possible, please have all children removed from any carriers when you are in your parking space prior to walking from your car to the actual administration station.
- Following the vaccination, you will return to your car and exit the parking lot on the opposite side of the building. IF YOU RECEIVE THE COVID VACCINE, YOU MUST WAIT 15 MINUTES BEFORE LEAVING OUR PARKING LOT.
- Do not come to the Clinic if you do not have an appointment.
- No parent or “nonpatient” will receive the vaccine unless they have prepaid by credit card and we have your name on the “Nonpatient List”.
- No one should be vaccinated if they are sick or have a fever over 100.4.
Appointments for vaccines are also available any time the office is open. IF YOU CAN NOT ATTEND THE VACCINE CLINIC, please call the office and let us know when you want to come in for your vaccines.