Author Archives: Ed Perl
FLU VACCINES – FALL 2020
The Flu Vaccine has been very helpful in the prevention of influenza for our patients. We have strongly encouraged all of our patients to get the vaccine each year, and the result has been fewer and/or milder cases of influenza. This year, in the era of COVID-19, protection against the flu is even more important.
In order to vaccinate the greatest number of people safely and efficiently, we will have 2 Flu Clinics that will be held outside on our rear parking lot. These clinics will take place on Wednesday, September 30 and Thursday, October 8 from 5 pm to 7 pm. Appointments are required to attend these clinics – walk-ins will not be accepted. These clinics are open to our patients and their family members only.
Here is the process:
- Call the office at 410-795-7300 and make an appointment for all of your family members receiving a flu vaccine. Parents/guardians (nonpatients) who desire to receive a Flu vaccine themselves will be charged $35 for this service. This must be paid in advance over the phone via credit card. We will keep a list of all nonpatients who requested the vaccine for themselves and completed the payment process. Nonpatients must be in good health for us to provide them with the vaccine.
- Please bring a pen to sign the Vaccine Administration Record similar to the form you have signed in past years.
- Every person getting the vaccine should wear loose fitting clothing allowing access to injection site in upper arm or upper thigh without removal of clothing.
- Every person (parent and child) 2 years and older MUST be wearing a mask. No mask – no vaccine.
- When you come to our parking lot, you will drive up the right side of the building to the 1st Orange Cone. At that point, you will “check in” and will be directed to an area where you will wait IN YOUR CAR until there is availability at the administration area. At this point, you will be directed to a spot where you will get out of your car and proceed to one of the two doctors administering the vaccine.
- If possible, please have all children removed from any carriers prior to walking from your car to the actual administration station.
- Following the vaccination, you will return to your car and exit the parking lot on the opposite side of the building.
- Everyone who will get out of the car – parent & child 2 and older – must wear a mask.
- Do not come to the Flu Clinic if you do not have an appointment.
- No parent or “nonpatient” will receive the vaccine unless they have prepaid by credit card and we have your name on the “Nonpatient List”.
- No one should be vaccinated if they are sick or have a fever over 100.4.
Appointments for vaccines are also available any time the office is open. IF YOU CAN NOT ATTEND EITHER VACCINE CLINIC, please call the office and let us know when you want to come in for your vaccine.