PLEASE CALL CARROLL PEDIATRIC CENTER (410-795-7300) TO MAKE SURE WE HAVE A CORRECT E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR YOU. (YOUR ADDRESS WILL BE CONFIDENTIAL.)
CORONAVIRUS OFFICE UPDATE September 15, 2021
We hope you are all doing well during these difficult times. Our goal is for all of us to get through this in good health. It is in everyone’s best interest to minimize exposure and follow the CDC and Health Department recommendations. To stay healthy in all aspects of your lives eat and hydrate properly, exercise, get fresh air, make sure your children stay up to date on their immunizations, and contact us with any health concerns – physical or emotional.
Since the pandemic began we have successfully seen any patient with respiratory symptoms or possible Coronavirus exposure in our “Isolation Suite” on the first floor (with a separate door to the outside) of the Eldersburg Medical Center. This has worked very well for the patients to receive the care they need without any potential contamination to our regular office #205 or the Medical Center.
For any patient who needs a check-up or has any NON-potential Coronavirus issues, we will use our regular office #205.
We look forward to a CDC and AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) approved vaccine for children and the development and approval of a COVID antiviral medication.
Carroll Pediatric Center has been serving Carroll and the surrounding counties for over 43 years. We are available for our patients 24/7 and continue to accept just about all insurances. We look forward to providing superior prompt care to your family for many more years and generations.
FLU VACCINES – FALL 2021
The Flu Vaccine has been very helpful in the prevention of influenza for our patients. We have strongly encouraged all of our patients to get the vaccine each year, and the result has been fewer and/or milder cases of influenza. This year, in the era of COVID-19, protection against the flu is even more important.
In order to vaccinate the greatest number of people safely and efficiently, we will have 2 Flu Clinics that will be held outside on our rear parking lot. These clinics will take place on Thursday, September 30 and Wednesday, October 13 from 5 pm to 7 pm. Appointments are required to attend these clinics – walk-ins will not be accepted. These clinics are open to our patients and their family members only.
Here is the process:
- Call the office at 410-795-7300 and make an appointment for all of your family members receiving a flu vaccine. Parents/guardians (nonpatients) who desire to receive a Flu vaccine themselves will be charged $35 for this service. This must be paid in advance over the phone via credit card. We will keep a list of all nonpatients who requested the vaccine for themselves and completed the payment process. Nonpatients must be in good health for us to provide them with the vaccine.
- Please bring a pen to sign the Vaccine Administration Record similar to the form you have signed in past years.
- Every person getting the vaccine should wear loose fitting clothing allowing access to injection site in upper arm or upper thigh without removal of clothing.
- Every person (parent and child) 2 years and older MUST be wearing a mask. No mask – no vaccine.
- When you come to our parking lot, you will drive up the right side of the building to the 1st Orange Cone. At that point, you will “check in” and will be directed to an area where you will wait IN YOUR CAR until there is availability at the administration area. At this point, you will be directed to a spot where you will get out of your car and proceed to one of the two doctors administering the vaccine.
- If possible, please have all children removed from any carriers prior to walking from your car to the actual administration station.
- Following the vaccination, you will return to your car and exit the parking lot on the opposite side of the building.
- Everyone who will get out of the car – parent & child 2 and older – must wear a mask.
- Do not come to the Flu Clinic if you do not have an appointment.
- No parent or “nonpatient” will receive the vaccine unless they have prepaid by credit card and we have your name on the “Nonpatient List”.
- No one should be vaccinated if they are sick or have a fever over 100.4.
Appointments for vaccines are also available any time the office is open. IF YOU CAN NOT ATTEND EITHER VACCINE CLINIC, please call the office and let us know when you want to come in for your vaccine.
As we are hopefully seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for the pandemic, we look forward to all of our lives moving towards normalcy. Some of you have experienced significant illness, and all of us have experienced fear and life changes. As more and more of us get vaccinated against COVID and the number of cases fall, it is time to look forward to resuming our normal activities such as school, camp, social and athletic events, and all the other important things we often took for granted.
Here at Carroll Pediatric Center, we are all fully vaccinated and are still practicing all of the safety measures. For the potential COVID cases, we are still using the separate suite in the Eldersburg Medical Center for these appointments.
It is now time for all of our patients to catch up on their regular check-ups, immunizations and follow-ups for any chronic or concerning issues. If your child is over 3 years old, they should have a regular physical exam once a year. Please call the office at 410-795-7300 to schedule your appointments.
As always, we strongly support the CDC and American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations for all immunizations and check-ups. This includes the approved COVID vaccine for the appropriate age groups.
We look forward to seeing all of you soon for your regular check-ups, follow-ups and any other issues for which we can be of service. As always, we are available 24/7 for urgent situations.
Have a wonderful fall!